Pages

Friday, January 7, 2011

2011 Event Planning

Here's the list of events I plan on participating in during 2011.  These are mostly around the southwestern Illinois area, but there are a few exceptions. It's unlikely that I'll be able to make it to all of these, but I'm going to give it a shot.  I may add a couple of additional events as I find out about them.  Note that some dates are approximate.  Maybe I'll see a few of you out there.

March 19 - McKendree University Spring Fling 10 miler, Lebanon, IL
March 26 - Tracks n Treads Off Road Biathlon, Edwardsville, IL
April 30 - Kentucky Derby Half-Marathon, Louisville, KY
May 7 - Tour de Stooges, Highland, IL
May 21 - St. Louis Brevet, 200k, Edwardsville, IL
May 30 - Highland Biathlon, Highland, IL
June 11 - Route 66 10k, Edwardsville, IL
June 12-17 - Fox Valley Bicycle Tour, Watertown, Fond de Lac, Oshkosh, and Green Bay, WI
July 4 - Hillsboro (IL) Biathlon
July 9 - Tour de Donut, Staunton, IL
July 23 or 30 - Mud Mountain Trail Run, Edwardsville, IL
August - Wood River (IL) Triathlon
August - Edwardsville (IL) Criterium
August - Kiwanis Fun Day Bicycle Ride, Mt. Vernon, IL
September 24 - Tour de Coal, Benld, IL
October - Watershed 5k, Edwardsville, IL
October 22 - Berryman Epic Mt. Bike Race, somewhere between Potosi and Steelville, MO
October - New Baden (IL) Biathlon
November - Great River Road 10 miler, Alton, IL
December - Pere Marquette Trail Race, Grafton, IL (I would have to be insane to run this one again, but I've got until September to decide.)

1 comment:

  1. This is a great list. Quite a few are already on my to-do list, and I may add some others. A couple notes: I'm still bummed that your bike trip is messing with GOOMNA, Patrick did the Berryman Epic in 2010 and has a race report on his blog, and I wouldn't miss going back to Pere Marquette bc I want to improve on my terrible performance.

    ReplyDelete